[OM] Re: SJ County Fair - how to fix #7

Subject: [OM] Re: SJ County Fair - how to fix #7
From: Mike <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 20:56:40 -0700

>Thanks for the panos which I always enjoy.  I noticed that #7 hadn't
>been cropped even across the top.  At least, until very recently, that's
>what I would have done.  However, I learned a great PhotoShop trick a
>week or two ago.  It was presented as how to "stretch the background" if
>you've got a portrait photo where a plain studio background drape
>doesn't quite fill the frame.  But it works to fix the ragged sky on
>your #7 as well by stretching the existing sky to fit.
>
>Just use the marquee tool and draw a long, narrow rectangle directly
>under the black area.  Right click and select "transform".  Then drag
>the top edge of the rectangle to the top of the frame and press enter on
>the keyboard.  Done.  That's it.  Automagically fills it in.

Good trick Chuck, that one goes in the tool kit.  thanks.

>I also noticed some vertical seams where your stitcher hasn't matched
>the color well.  Were you using manual exposure to make sure all images
>were the same?

Busted.  I just shot away and passed it off to autostitch to do the best
it could.  This album was not intended for critical aclaim but rather
was thrown together quickly to email to the relatives.  The main focus
of this trip was to track down info on my wife's relatives who came out
on the Oregon Trail and homesteaded this area in the mid 1800's. In this
quest we were quite sucessful and were able to locate the origial
homestead buildings and original wagon train ruts.. Nothing rots out
there. Sometime this winter I hope to put together a more complete album
about our findings. We plan to continue our exploreations in October.

Mike