[OM] SJ County Fair

Subject: [OM] SJ County Fair
From: Mike <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2007 14:05:44 -0700
My entry did pretty well this year. Photo taken on our trip to the South
Central Oregon desert last May. OM4t  + 24/2.8 + pol. Reala  scanned at
Costco. Curves and LCE,  printed on Epson 2000p on archival matte. I was
surprised at how well the costco scan (3000x2000jpeg) printed at ~9x14
and so didn't even bother to rescan with the FS4000.  Besides I was
running out of time, I had waited until the afternoon of the day entries
were due to print out my photo. I doubt if there were many other film
entries. Wish I'd noted that on my description. Some of the
trust-funders I compete with have outfits worth more than my house.  I
printed an entry for my daughter and son-in-law as well and they each
got a ribbon too. Not an easy proposition as the entries in the
photography, art, fiber arts and craft classes are growing by leaps and
bounds while the traditional agriculture declines. Other than the 4H
kids people just aren't entering their cows and chickens in the fair.
But it still is a 'real' county fair and hasn't turned into a commercial
expo as so many others have.

Mike
<http://www.interisland.net/watershed/mike/fair25.jpg>
<http://www.sanjuancountyfair.org/fair.html>