[OM] Re: BLM Battery Covers

Subject: [OM] Re: BLM Battery Covers
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 12:47:10 -0700
Jeff Keller wrote:
> The 5D has some monitor circuits alive when it is turned off. There is
> a light that flashes when I play with the CF door even when it is
> "off".

I believe the CF door works as an on/off switch too. Notice that the
light flashes briefly when the on/off switch is turned off or on. If you
open the door when the main switch is on, it goes off, instantly, even
if, as Phil Askey forever points out, it is in the middle of a write.

If the main switch is on and the CF door closes, the camera turns on. If
the main switch is off and the CF door closes, camera there is a quick
flash of the light, just like when the door is closed and the main
switch is changed, but the camera stays off.

So it is possible that there is a monitor circuit on all the time. But
it is also possible that closing the door activates a hard switch, which
connects to some circuit, perhaps just a monitor circuit, which checks
the other switch, and promptly turns itself off.

I have no idea which it may be.

Moose