[OM] Re: The pale general

Subject: [OM] Re: The pale general
From: "Ian Manners" <oice500@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 16:39:36 +1000 (EST)
Hi Jan

> > Could simply be the rendering engine in your browser. All software
> > will tend to render a bit differently...

> Not on "real" computers with system-level colour management! (Sorry,
> couldn't resist. Flames to /dev/null -- oh wait, if you're flaming
> this comment, you probably don't know what that refers to... :-)
I'm not talking about any computers :-))  (But in my case an RS/6000)

And I guess I'm probably not talking about "real" software either
but in viewing the pic I did use Seamonkey rev2.0alpha and
Firefox v3.0 Alpha8 on a real operating system [AIX] which I
guess is an upmarket version of MacOSX with the bugs worked out :o)

Must say, <http://www.chucknorcutt.com/general_lee/img_4401er.htm>
really grows on you, it's one of those pictures with just the right detail
in just the right places. Should offer the general a copy, I'm sure
he'd be bowled over by it.

> :::: Human vs Yeast: which one has evolved enough to avoid consuming
> all their resources and dying in their own excrement? ::::
> :::: Jan Steinman http://www.EcoReality.org ::::

Why, humans of cause ;-)

Cheers
Ian Manners
http://www.comkal.net/

The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth.