[OM] Re: Canadian Park Pass has been spoken for . . .

Subject: [OM] Re: Canadian Park Pass has been spoken for . . .
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 11 Aug 2007 23:56:54 EDT

In a message dated 8/11/2007 10:05:39 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
plummerl@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

But the  suspense is killing me!!!!  What was your trip  like????

In a word, "beautiful."  Many years ago, I swore off ever doing a  wedding
again, however I fell off the wagon . . . but only temporarily.   Some friends
of ours decided after having lived together for over 20 years that  it was time
to tie the knot.  We arrived on Thursday night (Emerald  Lake) and spent the
next 3 and a half days, visiting, eating, sight seeing  and attending
functions/parties.  I was their official/unofficial  photographer.  In
discussing with
them what I wanted to do, I said I wanted  to capture a sense of the place,
capture the relationships/emotions involved and  capture the event/events.  I
would say that all of these areas were  nailed.  Their pictures will show the
wonderful scenery, the flora, the  people, the events, the emotions and most of
all the celebration of life,  family and relationships.

I would like to thank everyone who gave me advice on what to see and do in
the area.  I didn't get to see or do it all, however got a good taste of  what
was available and will go back.  Emerald Lake Lodge was great.  Comfortable
rooms, lovely setting and good food.  These  are not budget accommodations and
you do get value for the  dollars you spend.  This life is the "real deal"
rather than the dress  rehearsal,  so it is OK to allow yourself some
extravagancies this time  around.  Nice place, not many people most of the day,
although
there are  some tourist buses a time or two each day.  They don't stay  long.
Many were from Japan and it was interesting to watch what kinds of  cameras
folks were using.  I only spotted about 5 or 6 film  cameras during the week.

Banff was pretty and pretty crowded.  They have the streets and  sidewalks
torn up and downtown was a mess.  Should be much nicer when they  are finished.

If going back, I'd spent a night or two in Banff and then  press on to
Jasper, with a possible stop at Emerald Lake on the way up.   The Bison in
Banff was
the best food we had on the trip.  Ate there  twice.  Also made two passes at
Melissa's which shouldn't be missed,  especially for breakfast.  Anyone going
to this area and planning on  staying in a hotel might do well to do a little
research and use Priceline,  which is a service I've been pleased with over
the past couple of years.

That kind of sums it up.  Oh, I have 945 images to sort through to put  a
group together for their album and I need to get it done in the next few  days.

We are co-hosting a party next weekend for the friends who were  unable to
make the trip to Canada.  They (my wife and the other hosts) want  a digital
slide show by then.    <[B^)  Bill  Barber