[OM] Re: Turkey WAS: Re: #249

Subject: [OM] Re: Turkey WAS: Re: #249
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2007 18:42:08 +0100
Marten

We will spend 6 days in Istanbul, followed by 7 in Göçek, east of
Dalaman, in a posh hotel.  I am seriously considering taking a film
only kit, complemented, perhaps with my wife and her Ix*s 700.  I had
better buy a spare battery for her ...

I have been to Turkey before, on duty.  I was based at Incirlik, near
Adana, and I travelled to Cappadocia for a few days during a lull in
operations.  The whole place is utterly fascinating, and the locals
very friendly.

Congratulations on your marriage, by the way.  May I wish you every
happiness in your lives together; and may your new wife love
photography ... :-)

Chris