[OM] Re: Subject: Re: Maine Clouds - 2 + a test

Subject: [OM] Re: Subject: Re: Maine Clouds - 2 + a test
From: Willie Wonka <alienspecimen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2007 10:05:23 -0700 (PDT)
Yes, Charlie, it was a trick question.
  Believe it or not, this picture satisfies two out of the three requirements
for pictures in this tread...It has a lighthouse and clouds...no Maine, but
thats ok I guess.
  You wouldnt knotis (my favorite word to spell...:) the clouds, because they
are flat and cover the whole sky, except for just a tiny strip above the
horizon.
  The focal length of the lenz was set at 28mm.  At this focal length, the sun
appears as a tiny dot...Normally, if I wanted a similar shot, I would wait for
a clear sky and shoot from a bigger distance with a telephoto, so the sun would
appear as large within the frame.
  This time I did not need to do this.  The sun peaked from underneath the
clouds for just about thirty seconds and illuminated the whole gray sky
changing completely its colors from flat gray to what you see now.  In addition
to that, the area close to the horizon was so bright, that it caused
overexposure and as a result, the sun appeared hundred and twenty three times
larger than it was...ok, I am exaggerating here, but you get the point.
  If that were someone else's picture I would have guessed a large
telephoto...or a 3mm cell phone camera lens.
  Thanks for taking a stab at it, you was pretty close.
  Boris

          Subject:   [OM] Re: Subject: Re: Maine Clouds - 2 + a test    From:
"Geilfuss Charles" <Charles.Geilfuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>    Date:   Tue, 7 Aug
2007 15:39:34 -0500

        Hmmmm. Alright I'll take a shot. Looks like about a 35mm (In  35mm
format equivalent), but I have a feeling this is a trick question.  Is it a
splice of multiple images shot at 100mm each?    Charlie    -----Original
Message-----  From: olympus-owner@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:olympus-owner@xxxxxxxxxx]
On  Behalf Of Willie Wonka  Sent: Tuesday, August 07, 2007 2:40 PM  To:
olympus@xxxxxxxxxx  Subject: [OM] Re: Subject: Re: Maine Clouds - 2 + a test
  Thank you for taking the test guys.  I see now how my question was
misleading.    The more appropriate question would be:    What is the
approximate focal lenght of the lens used for this shot?     Thanks    Boris

Got a little couch potato?