[OM] Re: Maine Clouds - 2

Subject: [OM] Re: Maine Clouds - 2
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2007 13:25:23 -0400
I just got back to the computer. Been on my real-world job for the
past 40 hours or so. Love the cloud thread. And the other Maine
lighthouses. Good one of Portland Head, too. My cameras only work at
Pemaquid. Once one of them screwed up down at Marshal Point, but that
was a software glitch that happened once and never again.

My lighthouse is wrapped in plastic this year. They're doing some
restoration work. So my photos are about to enter a new category:
Vintage. <g> They also removed the steeple off the big Baptist Church
in Damariscotta. I've got a picture from the other side of the river
that features that steeple prominently. Better get a few prints out
for the tourists. <g>

Nice shot of the Newcastle church, Moose. That church has the most
uncomfortable pews in the known universe. Actually, I have yet to
enter an older New England church with anything approximating
comfortable seating. I think it goes back to the Massachusetts Bay
colony days, when worship was supposed to be painful. Or we were
supposed to endure pain in order to worship better, or something like
that. I went to a chamber quartet concert in the Newcastle Church
(Second Congregational) once, and swore never to go back again.

--Bob Whitmire
www.bwp33.com