[OM] Re: DZ Bokeh (was "North Cascades")

Subject: [OM] Re: DZ Bokeh (was "North Cascades")
From: "Ian Manners" <oice500@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2007 00:00:48 +1000 (EST)
Back to the 14-42, I never did like using software to make a photo
look like what it looked like when I looked through the viewfinder,
not at all like what my mind though it was looking at :-)

It's so much easier to be able to take the shot you visualise at
that point in time without messing around editing later.

http://www.comkal.net/P6160213.jpg

Taken at F3.5, 14mm, 16th June 2007 at about 0122 Hours and 51 seconds.
Certainly not as good as an OM with a 24 or 28mm, and I'm not
just talking about the distortion or the bokeh. Guess you could do
some very interesting unedited effects with it.

This is hand held as well, just to prove to myself that night that
I can still hold it solid (leaning against a wall).

I'm finding that I'm using the E500 with just a OM 50mm F1.4 lense,
or sometimes with the OM 100mm F2.8. Cant say I'm seeing any
degradation such as what Olympus say I should get using film
lenses on a digital body [could understand it with say a 21mm).

Cheers
Ian Manners
http://www.comkal.net/

"Questions open doors, Answers create a prison."