[OM] Re: [OT] Configure a new PC - which processor

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Configure a new PC - which processor
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 05 Aug 2007 21:14:25 -0700
GMcGrath@xxxxxxx wrote:
> In a message dated 8/5/2007 6:58:45 PM Central Daylight Time,
> chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
> Where is the "S" version so  identified?
>

> Supposedly you can look on the information sticker with the  model/serial
> numbers, etc., and it's the letter in the upper right corner.  Here's one of
> the
> reviews I read, with pics of the stickers:
> (http://www.behardware.com/articles/667-1/samsung-226bw-a-and-s-series-the-verdict.html)

I had read a bunch of posts about this before, and just about concluded
that half the people were just bored or lonely. Some of the experiences
reported were directly contradictory. I preliminarily concluded that
sample and batch variations were as much at work as any consistent
difference.

Having read the above linked review, I am even less concerned. The noise
is mostly about color accuracy without calibration? I don't care a whit
about that, as I calibrate (with a probe) and, as they say, "Standard
rendering on the A version is poor, but this isn’t the end. The proof is
that once it’s calibrated (with a probe), it has colors just as true as
the S."

Moose