[OM] Re: Lagers - WAS: Picture without a camera

Subject: [OM] Re: Lagers - WAS: Picture without a camera
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 04 Aug 2007 18:48:50 -0400
Ahh, one of my favorites.  Moose is also partial to brown ales.  One
can get Newcastle served on tap at the proper temperature at some spots
in Boston including Jae's.  On the door it says "eat at Jae's, live
forever.  So far, so good. Many do not realize that much of the
gustatory experience is actually olfactory, thus the temperature,
receptacle issues.

Moose and I have done some A-B comparison with Old Brown Dog from
Portsmouth, NH.  It has been brewed since 1988 when the brewery was in
Northhampton.  It is purportedly more strongly hopped and fuller bodied
than most typical English brown ales.

I must say I prefer it by a hair to Newcastle Brown, though I had not
thought of OBD as more strongly hopped.

In any event, I probably owe Moose more than several cases given all I
learn from his posts.  There are no distributors near him and I only
occasionally can get some OBD.  I have been able to dole out a tad to
him  at least as a token and get his "N" high enough for proper
statistical power.   I don't think Uncle Sam would smile on my shipping
a bunch, though.

Mike

I once ordered a Newcastle Brown Ale here and it came at 4deg.

They couldn't understand my objection at all.

And why is it that it actually tastes better from a glass than the

bottle. I don't understand that.

Andrew Fildes
from AOL at AOL.com.