[OM] Re: See y'all later

Subject: [OM] Re: See y'all later
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2007 07:47:52 -0400
Yes, socked in it was.  We were fishing for stripers in the fog
Wednesday morning when we were nearly run over by a boat of about 30
foot length running at a high rate of speed.  Only our fog horn blasting
away continuously for an extended period of time (we could hear him
coming and coming fast a long ways away) finally turned him away when he
was only about 50 feet away from us.  He disappeared back into the fog
as quickly as he had appeared but was visible long enough to determine
that he had no radar.  An absolute idiot.  The captain of our little
charter boat commented that he would never run at that speed in fog even
with radar.  He also said that was the closest he's ever come to a
collision.  I can still see the bow of that boat emerging from the fog
pointed right at me.