[OM] Re: [WTB]OM-2000

Subject: [OM] Re: [WTB]OM-2000
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 22:46:17 -0400
Interesting Michael and Andrew. Thanks.   I like small, light and
cheap.  Might be super with a smallish walking around zoom.

I am sure Dr. Flash would be approving of the auto mode.   Oh, just in
the off chance it would be useful, I appended the FAQ section on multi
exposure with OM4-(T).  It seems to work well enough the times I tried
it.  The OM2 method at the end is more of a pain. Try it for an  8
exposure shot and see.

Mike

Mike,

I'm interested for this model since its multi exposure feature. Some

HK guys "poison" me for multi exposure, especially night scene shots.

I understood it was made by Cosina & non-system body. No TTL is not a

problem to me since normally I shoot with auto flash mode except with

F280.

--

Michael

B17) How can I take a double exposure with the OM-{1-4T(i)}?

    1) Take a blank exposure and advance the film.  By "blank"

       I mean an exposure with the lens cap on.  If you have

       an autoexposure camera, make sure to do this with the

       camera in manual mode, or you will be waiting a long time

       (and burning a lot of battery power) waiting for the

       exposure to complete :).

    2) Operate the rewind knob to take up any slack.

    3) Take the first exposure.

    4) Operate the rewind release button and wind the camera while

       holding the rewind knob stationary.  This cocks the shutter

       but does not advance the film.

    5) Take the second exposure.

    6) Advance the film and shoot a blank after the double exposure.

    Below are some alternate methods:

    The OM2 can do pin-registered multiexposures by:

    1) tightening the rewind lever,

    2) flipping the rewind knob to the rewind position,

    3) rewinding slightly

    4) flip the rewind knob back,

    5) continue rewinding until it clicks and stops.

    6) This advances a half-frame; repeat to rewind one full frame.

    On the OM4 you cannot get pin-registered multi- exposures, but

    you can get decent registration by:

    1) tighten the rewind lever,

    2) push the rewind button,

    3) while tightly grasping the rewind lever,

    4) wind the film with the wind lever.

    Alternate methods thanks to "Tom Trottier" <TomATrottier@xxxxxxxx>

from AOL at AOL.com.