[OM] Re: My route through Lockerbie today

Subject: [OM] Re: My route through Lockerbie today
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2007 01:57:20 -0700
David Bell wrote:
> Chris has very kindly accommodated my photographs at
>
> http://www.threeshoes.net/photography/lockerbie/

Some nice shots there. I liked the reflections of the clouds in the
marble of the memorial.

I agree with Chuck. The bright sky seems to have sometimes
fooled/overwhelmed, the matrix metering. At least that's what it appears
viewed straight out of the camera.

 From a processing viewpoint, it's done a rather decent job of
minimizing highlight clipping while maintaining shadow detail.
Apparently not 'smart' enough to move the midpoint of the tonal range
up. but still....

http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/Others/DBell/Lockerbie/index.html

I thought the combo of 18 & 19 made a nice set to combine for greater
dynamic range. It's not a good job. The small size and compression mean
artifacts, but you can see the potential.

Moose