[OM] Re: FS: Zuiko 35-80/2.8, Vivitar 135/2.3 S1

Subject: [OM] Re: FS: Zuiko 35-80/2.8, Vivitar 135/2.3 S1
From: pdmphoto@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 15:23:31 +0000
I'm sure someone will, as these generally go for over $1000 in  the past -
albeit usually in better condition and with out the "Sold As Is" disclaimer.
I've bought too much junk from ebay sellers who love to use that disclaimer
along with "excellent condition" or "minty". You get the lens and its full of
fungus, has non-working aperture blades,  grinding focus action, or.... Of
course, you email them to voice you dissatisfaction  - and they say it was
clearly stated as sold as is! What happened to the rest of the description?

I like how this seller throws it all together:

"So nuff said the item will be Sold As Is With No Reserve, and yes by the way
for those who will ask the Lens is in Excellent Condition"

>From his pics I'd be wary of the glass condition (looks dirty inside?).  The
>glass on mine is pristine, and the focus and zoom still operate like new.
>Which is silky smooth.

Paul
From: "Frank Wijsmuller" <Frank@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>