[OM] Re: [OT] Foba Ballhead

Subject: [OM] Re: [OT] Foba Ballhead
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 20:15:45 -0700
Michael Wong wrote:
> Dear all,
> I am looking at Foba M1 ballhead with quick release model, is any
> comment for it? Thanks.

Welll, with Walt gone, I guess someone else has to take up the mantra -
Gear head - Gear Head - Gear Head------

Walt converted me to a gear head and I almost never use any other kind
now. Conventional three axis heads seem so clunky and imprecise and ball
heads so floppy and imprecise now.

He had the Manfrotto 405. I settled for the lighter, but still very
sturdy, 410. It has its own, unique, low profile QR plate, but if you
like some other system, you can simply attach it to the 410 and never
release its own plate. In my case, a Cullmann*
http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/tech/Misc/410cullman.htm

Moose

* Another thing I picked up from Walt. I had a Cullmann tripod with the
QR built-in, but didn't like the tripod/head. Walt's the one who pointed
out that I could use just the QR system, which is just right for me.

Thanks again, Walt.