[OM] Re: Retirement, was: #216

Subject: [OM] Re: Retirement, was: #216
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2007 08:47:13 +1000
Well done.
You may be like a friend of mine who has refused to do any paid work
at all and manages to fill his day quite nicely. This week the two of
us went to an exhibition of Lee Miller's war photography. Quite
chilling stuff, much of it. - http://www.pbase.com/afildes/image/
82153954
On the other and you may be like me and get rather bored fairly
quickly - I lasted six months before I got back into paid work.
Another friend didn't make it to the end of his first month.
The best part is that you now have choices. You don't want to do
something, you say no. Very liberating indeed.
It's the fourteenth and as usual, the French are celebrating my
birthday (60) so I think I'll go out and treat myself to breakfast
and see if I can persuade a few people to sit very still for 10-20
seconds. I love the idea of pinhole portraiture.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.pbase.com/afildes