[OM] Re: Walt update Thursday evening

Subject: [OM] Re: Walt update Thursday evening
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 09:02:31 -0300

> They moved Walt to the hospice late this afternoon.  They had  given him a
> sedative and morphine, so he was still asleep while I was there,  although
> he
> answered me a couple of times without opening his eyes.  The  hospice is
> very
> nice, and so were all the personnel I spoke with.  We will  see how he
> does the
> next couple of days.

Being a pastor now for about 25 years, there have been several times when I
(and sometimes the doctors) have thought there was little hope of recovery,
only to have the person up and walking around a few weeks or months later.
Of course, the other side of that is how quickly a "healthy" and younger
person can be gone. Walt's wife is an example of that. There is no doubt in
my mind that Walt's recent loss of his wife has played a significant part in
this. You could definitely see a difference in his posts, if in no other way
than in his longer than normal absences.

My sympathy goes out to those like Walt and Tom, who have lost their wives.
My wife has a doctor's appointment today, and we're hoping for a good report
that there is no cancer.

Wayne