[OM] Re: Medium Format

Subject: [OM] Re: Medium Format
From: Willie Wonka <alienspecimen@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 20:12:27 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Christos,
  Influenced by this list, many years ago I decided to venture into medium
format.
  I did not know if I was going to like it, so I choose the cheapest option and
bought a TLR for two reasons:
  It was cheap (did I mention that?)
  I was tired of the OM viewfinder, the only think I dont like about the OM
cameras.  Looking at the screen of the Yashica D, made composing my pictures
way easier.
  I choose Yashica as an alternative to more expensive Hasselblad.  According
to the reviews I read at the time, the lens was just as sharp.
  If I were to do it now, I would start with Mamya C220/330, because it has
interchangeable lenses, despite being a TLR.  It is a solid built camera, cheap
enough to throw away if you decide that medium format is not for you.
  I would stay away from Kievs or Praktisix(?) because of their reliability.
  YMMV, but I did not find more difficult loading the film into my Yashica than
in the OM.
  And last, but prolly the most important, the format is square (which I am
found of...).  You have to crop if you want somthing else.
  Boris

Need Mail bonding?