[OM] Re: Olympus announces new lens, list member continues to toss co

Subject: [OM] Re: Olympus announces new lens, list member continues to toss coi
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 01:51:38 -0700
Wayne Harridge wrote:
>> Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> And others have been happy with theirs. All i was trying to point out is
>>
>> that tarring everybody with the same brush may not be accurate. And Oly
>> has dropped the 14-45 in favor of the 14-42. So they are getting better,
>>
> It would have been good if Oly had cut 3mm off the short end as well as the
> long end.

Ah c'mon, man. I was referring to the overall improvement in optical
performance while at the same time becoming smaller and lighter. Read in
context of my prior posts on the subject, please.

Intended to be a companion to a 40-150, loss of the 3 mm on the long end
is not much. Loss on the short end would indeed be a bad thing.

Moose