[OM] Re: OT Olympus trip - Ken Rockwell's take

Subject: [OM] Re: OT Olympus trip - Ken Rockwell's take
From: "Wayne Culberson" <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2007 21:16:50 -0300

> Wayne Culberson wrote:
>> I had one given to me a few days ago, but it doesn't work. Seems like the
>> aperture is not connected, as even in manual settings the aperture never
>> moves. Anyways, too bad as it is in otherwise mint cosmetic condition.
>>
> Is there a separate aperture? Some of this sort of camera have a combo
> aperture/shutter arrangement where range of movement of the shutter
> blades is varied to set aperture.
>
> Somebody here will know with more certainty and more detail.
>
> Moose

Well, I got curious this evening, and it being a rainy evening with not much
else to do, I took the top off, and started observing what was going on
versus what looked like was supposed to be happening. Turns out it was just
a small part stuck, which when given a bit of help and then some exercise,
seems now to be working fine.
Wayne