[OM] Re: OT: Super 8 film to DVD

Subject: [OM] Re: OT: Super 8 film to DVD
From: Paul Braun <cygnus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 08 Jul 2007 22:51:30 -0500
Dean Hansen wrote:
> Paul Braun recently asked about converting regular 8 and super 8 movie
> film to digital.  For Paul or anyone else who's interested, check with:
> http://www.pro8mm.com/main.php.  Perhaps not the cheapest, but probably
> the best.
> Dean

Wow.

They are a full pro lab - they do color-correction and everything, and
scan with a flying-spot scanner.

However, they charge $200/hr for the transfer session, plus $50/hr for
the dvd mastering.

That puts them completely outside my budget range...

--

Paul Braun
Valparaiso, IN

"There's a fine line between stupid, and clever." - David St. Hubbins

"Enjoy every sandwich." - Warren Zevon