[OM] Re: OT - sort of. Movie film-to-dvd services?

Subject: [OM] Re: OT - sort of. Movie film-to-dvd services?
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 08 Jul 2007 19:09:45 -0400
I don't know if you wish to open this Pandora's box, but you will lose a bunch
of resolution going to DVD.

Some services will give you fully uncompressed HDV files (or master files)
which can be edited with Premier Pro or other software.? I don't know enough
about it, though you should be able to burn a BluRay or HD-DVD from them as
well as standard DVD.? Too bad the dumb format war has slowed down these
services in providing disks.? I know some require you send them an external HD
to receive the files---they don't want to vote on the winner.
Mike

AOL at AOL.com.