[OM] Re: Portra battles

Subject: [OM] Re: Portra battles
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2007 15:34:20 -0400
This is probably the operative statement:
When will the new 160- and 400-speed film be available?
New generation PORTRA Films will be available worldwide on a
stock-turnover basis beginning in Q4 2006.

Apparently the old stock hasn't turned over yet.  :-)

I also thought this a rather mysterious statement:
The energy absorbed in the outer layer is efficiently transferred to the
dye at the surface of the silver halide. This enhanced light absorption
increases the photographic sensitivity of the crystals, resulting in
improved overall imaging efficiency in PORTRA 400- and 800-speed Films.

So I ask, if the photographic sensitivity has been increased, why are
they still ISO 400 and 800 emulsions?

Chuck Norcutt