[OM] E-510 Highlights

Subject: [OM] E-510 Highlights
From: Bob Whitmire <bwhitmire@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2007 09:50:39 -0400
Y'know, when I first looked at this shot and posted it, I was
thinking about sharpness, and how the replacement 510 was apparently
working as it was supposed to. But I looked at the shot again later,
and it occurred to me that the highlights in this image have held
particularly well. The shot was taken a few minutes shy of 2 in the
afternoon, the absolute witching hour for photography in these parts.
I did very little post processing from the original raw file. I've
shot a lot of boats in the past few years, and blown highlights on
white hulls are _always_ a problem. Maybe it's just me, but I'm
thinking this 510 may be better at holding them than my E-1. As I
recall, this flies in the face of the common wisdom, but still . . .

--Bob
www.bwp33.com