[OM] Re: Mime again

Subject: [OM] Re: Mime again
From: "Marc Lawrence" <montsnmags@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 14:02:41 +1000
> Bill Barber (NSURIT@xxxxxxx) wrote:
> Can someone tell me an easy way to get AOL to read mime
> format  attachments. I know there is some simple way,
> however I can't seem to sort it out.

I hadn't heard of this before, but I had a Google around and
it looked like you need to get something like Stuffit Expander
or Winzip to open the MIME ('.mme'?) attachments. There's a
winzip FAQ here:

http://www.winzip.com/xaol.htm

of "How do I use WinZip to process AOL e-mail attachments?".

and starts...

"WinZip can be used to decode certain e-mail attachments
 (known as "MIME-encoded") that are not handled by AOL e-mail
 services.

 When you install the current release of WinZip using the
 standard installation options, the installation procedure
 automatically associates WinZip with MIME-encoded files.
 This will allow you to open a MIME-encoded file with WinZip
 simply by double clicking it in My Computer or Windows
 Explorer...."

Not sure if this is your "simple way" though.

Cheers,
Marc
Sydney, Oz