[OM] Re: Wacom tablet

Subject: [OM] Re: Wacom tablet
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 20:47:57 -0700
> From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> I'm thinking of treating myself to a Wacom tablet for use with a Mac
> - nothing extravagant, 4x5 or 6x8 would do me fine. Fancied doing it
> for years to be honest. Interested in converting photos or areas
> thereof into line and doing micro-manipulation. Anyone using one? I'd
> love to hear your experiences/recommendations.

They rock! Although their drivers are not as good as they once were.
They're removed the multi-mapping feature that I loved -- I have two
monitors, and used to have the main area mapped relative, and a strip
at the bottom mapped to left, right, and combined monitors, absolute
mode. I could go tap on a spot to zap the cursor there, then use
relative mode from there. But they took that feature out!

I have a 12x12. It takes a lot of desk space, but you can use it
through as much as a centimeter or so of clutter. :-)

I find it most useful with the rubber stamp. I map the button to OPT-
click for picking the source. You can really whip through dust-
busting of scans about 5x faster than with a mouse.

:::: Whenever I watch TV and see those poor starving kids all over
the world, I can't help but cry. I mean I'd love to be skinny like
that, but not with all those flies and death and stuff. -- Mariah
Carey ::::
:::: Jan Steinman, http://www.EcoReality.org ::::