[OM] Re: Xd cards

Subject: [OM] Re: Xd cards
From: Richard Ociepka <ociepka@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 16 Jun 2007 17:15:40 -0400
jgettis81@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I have a 256 xd card in my E-500 that I leave in so that if I pick up the
> camera and forget to put a compact flash card in it I can still take photos.
> I am considering getting a larger card a 2 gig one but am wondering of the
> difference between H and M cards and which would be best and why.

Type-M is a high density MLC (Multi Level Cell) memory technology.
This new technology has a capacity potential of 8GB for the xD-Picture card.

The H-type xD-Card is a High Speed xD-Picture Card that will attain
write speeds of up to 2-3 times faster than the Standard or Type-M
xD-Picture Cards.

The M-type card is slow. It is even slower than the non M-type card.

Go with the H-type card.

Dick