[OM] Re: Fountain pens

Subject: [OM] Re: Fountain pens
From: Jan Steinman <Jan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 20:51:00 -0700
> From: swisspace <swisspace@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> I have a parker 51 with rolled gold to p, given to me new rather
> foolishly by my father when I was about 10 years old (too young for
> such
> an instrument)...

I think you should find that puppy and start using it!

My favorite is my Parker Sterling Silver. They do take care of you,
too! The nib holder had cracked, so I sent it in, thinking I'd get
some awful estimate. In two weeks I had it back fixed, but they also
replaced the little gold disk that had fallen out of the top of the
cap and replaced the entire sterling silver barrel, which had a dent
in it -- no charge!

I have a large collection of other fountain pens and inks, having
sworn off disposable ball-point pens three years ago... but I'm still
using up the cache of ball-points that I've accumulated over the
years -- including a foolish bulk order with my business name on them.

:::: I have no doubt that it is possible to give a new direction to
technological development, a direction that shall lead it back to the
real needs of man, and that also means: to the actual size of man.
Man is small, and, therefore, small is beautiful. -- EF Schumaker ::::
:::: Jan Steinman http://www.EcoReality.org::::