[OM] Re: #171

Subject: [OM] Re: #171
From: "geebee" <geebee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 21:30:00 +0100
From: "Dan Mitchell" <danmitchell@xxxxxxxx>

> geebee wrote:
>> Olympus OM2 SP : Zuiko 50mm f2 macro: Agfa Vista 200
>> http://www.geebeephoto.com/2007/07171.htm
>
>  I'm not sure why, but something there really appeals -- possibly the
> brown from the cows in the background and the brown of the tree roots in
> the foreground. It's always nice to see that colour of grass, too --
> and, on reflection, I think it's the composition that really does it.
> It's nice to see a shot "framed" by picture elements but still with a
> bit of image outside the frame, if you see what I mean.
>
>  (one question -- what's the light patch about halfway across at the
> top? It looks like it's just a bit of branch that's caught the light,
> but I'm not sure)
>
>  -- dan

Dan,

Your thoughts on the composition pretty much mirror my own thoughts as I took
the shot. I was going to go in tighter and use the
trees to frame the view completely but I also liked the bit of space at the
edges.

You are right about the branch, sunlight found a way through the foliage to
pick it out.

Thanks for looking.

--Graham