[OM] Re: [photo] - Heavy Fog

Subject: [OM] Re: [photo] - Heavy Fog
From: Fernando Gonzalez Gentile <fgnzalez@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 09 Jun 2007 13:54:23 -0300
Hi Joel,

Thanks for looking and commenting.

I guess you're referring to the pattern on the water surface. Same
pattern appeared in the sky but slightly less intense.
Since the original .jpeg shows homogeneous gray, but at 200% different
pixels show up from into the gray.
I applied a 33% amount unsharp mask of 60 pixel radius to the whole
image, and saturated green and red by an amount of 20%.
The pattern on the water began to show, so I selected using the magic
wand tool, that surface only. Then applied again the unsharp mask.

I was surprised by the result too, but if were to process the image
again I would exclude the gray sky from the first unsharp mask.

Keep in mind that I shot this through a thick glass, so there may be
some refraction but I cannot find it in the original file, no matter how
much do I blow it up.

I tried to open the window, but it was locked :( _ no surprise, we're
going through an unusually cold and humid autumn, so much that large
areas of this small country were flooded.

Oh, I loved your trophy shot of Mt. Hayden as much as anyone in the
list, but wouldn't post another one to say what is a general consensus:
it's a great photograph.

Fernando.