[OM] Re: Anybody else getting this stuff?

Subject: [OM] Re: Anybody else getting this stuff?
From: Steve Dropkin <steve@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 02 Jun 2007 06:46:12 -0500
Chuck Norcutt wrote:

> Don't know why 3 week old messages that I wrote to the list are now
> being rejected by mcosby's full mailbox and returned to me rather than
> the list server.  They're starting to come in droves.
>
> Chuck Norcutt
>
> Mail Administrator wrote:
>> This Message was undeliverable due to the following reason:
>>
>> The user(s) account is temporarily over quota.
>>
>> <mcosby@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>>
>> Please reply to <Postmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>> if you feel this message to be in error.

Since I haven't read a post indicating that any one else has
contacted bigpond's postmaster, I did. I forwarded him one of the
bounce messages (full headers) and added the following:

> Your customer is a member of a mailing list to which I and some
> others belong. Within the last 12 hours, several members of the list
> who have posted individual messages to the list within the last three
> weeks have received replies similar to the following from bigpond.
> I've probably received one bounce message for every message I've
> posted to the list in the last three weeks. Other members of the
> list have received bounce messages equivalent to their posting
> level, as well. And the action shows no sign of abating.
>
> Is there something that can be done to shut this down?
>
> Thank you and best regards,
>
> Steve

I wonder if the list server is being deluged as well -- but that
Thomas has a filter or such set up to kill it (or at least not
propogate it through the list).

Is there anyone in Oz who might be able to contact Michael by phone
(or telegraph or personal encounter or any way but email :-) to let
him know about this? Starting to sound like a virus to me.

Steve