[OM] Re: Going to the dark side of the force... no, not *that* dark side

Subject: [OM] Re: Going to the dark side of the force... no, not *that* dark side
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 16:53:59 -0400

Chuck,
The magic number doesn't sound too great for some Zuikos.
Some have thought the Brightscreen helps some along with use of
a  right angle finder for the slower lenses.  See:

http://www.brightscreen.com/5d.html

There was a post a few months ago with an Asian manufacturer that modified a
stock
split prism that reportedly darkened around f8. One list member testified as to
its goodness.
I'll dig out the post and, if you think it will be helpful. No known progress
from Rachel at Katzeye.
They have had development problems and are swamped for screens that
they have had no problem developing.

Mike

I have several 50/1.8's as well as a couple other 2.8 or faster Zuikos
that have never been tried on the 5D.  f/2.8 is the magic number for
using the "S" focusing screen designed for manual focus.  Time to try
walking around with one of these lightweights instead of the behemoth
zooms which are normally attached.

Chuck Norcutt

AOL at AOL.com.