[OM] OT Panorama: Landscape vs. Portrait

Subject: [OM] OT Panorama: Landscape vs. Portrait
From: "Jay Drew" <dreaded@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 08:56:57 -0700
I had this urge to look into pano work and one of the first things I discovered
(and I can feel you people beginning to smirk at my ignorance) was the NODAL
point of a lens and how it would affect splicing the shots together.  In
attempts to finding ideas for making my own offset plate for pushing the camera
back from the tripod pivot point I found commercial (and home grown) stuff that
puts the camera in portrait mode rather than landscape.  Is there a rhyme or
reason to this?

Jay

Hand me my costume
Please won't you pass me my mask
I have appointments I must keep with my past.

Bill Nelson - Beauty Secrets