[OM] OT.sending to uk

Subject: [OM] OT.sending to uk
From: JOHN DUGGAN <john.duggan10@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 26 May 2007 13:27:23 +0100 (BST)
Hmm, today is not starting well. Knock on front door at 7.30am. Parcel
delivery...miners lamp I bought on e*buy on thurs. Eagerly opened the
parcel to find that the lamp was a "pick and mix" made up of base and
frame of one type of safety lamp and the chimney of another (more
desirable) model from the same manufacturer. Seller had looked at the
brass name plate and advertised accordingly :-(
In truth worth FAR more than I paid BUT not the model I was after.

Then the letter delivery arrived. Card telling me the post office was
holding a parcel awaiting payment.
2 mile trip to Post Office to find a parcel of microscope slides I had
ordered from the States. Parcel was valued at $50.00. Customs had got
arsey stating that any item over $35 or $68 if a gift attracts duty!
Customs form had been ticked as "other" rather than "gift" so I had to
pay Customs Duty of $9...and the Post office $17 for the privilege of
collecting it! Good job that the full value of $200.00 had not been
entered.
 Also the seller had put in a few extra geological slides besides those
I ordered. A good person.
 Finally, Having played well, and beating australia until the last 20
seconds of the Rugby match Wales Wales conceded a try to loose,
I jumped up, and converted a mug of coffee over a ceam coloured carpet.
Bgger

Regards
  John Duggan,
     Wales, UK