[OM] Re: Stylus Epic and filters

Subject: [OM] Re: Stylus Epic and filters
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2007 10:23:52 +1000
Cokin used to make a filter holder that would fit in front of a cam
like an Epic. They still do - I saw one the other day, on the stand
at the PMA I think. It's a folding device that has a baseplate with
several mounting positions for the tripod screw and a hinge-up holder
in front. It works well on something like an Epic/Mju. I bought mine
in a kit with a Blue and a Tobacco Grad.
It won't clear most long erection digital compacts though. I just
checked it on my Fuji F10 and there is enough clearance for 2 filters
as the lens projects 27.5mm. With an erection of 32mm you would be
able to fit one filter. However the front element is quite close to
the filter so it would be hard to get something like a graduated
effect positioned well. Good for colours, ND's and so on. I didn't
stop to look and see if the new ones have a longer reach or if they
have new 'digital' filters.
Check your local Cokin dealer's website?
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx