[OM] Re: If you have been thinking about image management software...

Subject: [OM] Re: If you have been thinking about image management software...
From: David Thatcher <davidt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2007 21:37:08 +0930
On Tue, May 22, 2007 at 03:53:57PM +0800, khen lim wrote:

> StarOffice and Open Office are two major attempts to wean MS Office users
> away from Darth Vader's camp but unfortunately, I haven't been all that
> convinced to leave just yet. While both of these may be able to support
> Word/Excel files, the one thing that would leave me cold would be their
> inability for me to reuse keyboard hotkeys and shortcuts, which are now part
> of my staple for more than ten years. The speed at which I can use Word in
> particular has been largely due to how used I am with its interface plus its
> shortcuts. They really do make things very easy and fast for me.

Hi Khen,

I happily use OpenOffice these days for my duties as Secretary of my
Lodge.  It is great, deals with all of the stuff that I inherited from
the M$office user who was Secretary before me, & should have no hassle
handing it on to the next Secretary. except the database :(

As a multi-platform user I generally use the stuff that is common, like
<ALT-whatever> right-click & the like.

davidt