[OM] (OT) W. C. Fields

Subject: [OM] (OT) W. C. Fields
From: hiwayman@xxxxxxx (Walt Wayman)
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 19:07:38 +0000
One of my favorite Fields scenes.

A fast-talking salesman, bothering a sleep-deprived W.C. Fields snoozing on his
porch, in a classic sequence from "It's a Gift" (1934). Arriving on the scene
at daybreak, he is inquiring about the whereabouts of "LaFong? Carl LaFong?
Capital L, small a, capital F, small o, small n, small g."

Fields: "No, I don't know Carl LaFong, capital L, small a, capital F, small o,
small n, small g. And if I did know Carl LaFong, I wouldn't admit it!"

Walt

--
"Anything more than 500 yards from
the car just isn't photogenic." --