[OM] Re: Prints

Subject: [OM] Re: Prints
From: "Marc Lawrence" <MLawrence@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2007 11:22:55 +1000
> The always-wise Moose wrote:
> [...] Instead of saying "no, that can't be done", offer her
> control of the process.

My cynical-mode version at work is "Say 'No' by saying 'Yes'"
(as in, "Yes, I can - if you do this, this, this and this and pay
this much money, we can do it, no worries"). Yours is, as usual,
much better, much more accurate, and doesn't even include the
absolute negative (and many of my almost-always-pleasant
customers still say 'Yes', which makes everyone happy).

Unfortunately, my natural mode has a groove sounding "No"
ground into my voicebox. so this "Yes" stuff is hard. :-)

I hate my job.

Cheers,
Marc (who probably shouldn't say the latter from his work
email address ;-) )
Sydney, Oz