[OM] FS (UK): Minolta Scan Dual IV film scanner

Subject: [OM] FS (UK): Minolta Scan Dual IV film scanner
From: Philip Pemberton <oly@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2007 18:13:10 +0100
Hi guys,
   I've got the Scan Elite 5400 I saved from a skip up and running (£50 well
spent on slide/film adapters and another £15 for a power supply), so I now
have a Minolta Scan Dual IV surplus to requirements - seeing as I got it from
a listmember, I figured I'd offer it back to the list before it gets listed on
Greed-bay.

   Basically, it's a US model Konica-Minolta Scan Dual IV, but does have a UK
power supply with it (a Maplin 24V PSU which works fine with the SD4 and meets
the same specs as the original Minolta PSU). It's in excellent physical
condition, and all the standard accessories are included - slide and film
carriers, manuals, driver CD (though there are newer drivers on the K-M
website), USB cable, the USA power supply, the Maplin (UK) power supply and
obviously the scanner itself. Heck, I've even got the box and all the
cardboard and plastic packaging, though admittedly the box is a bit tatty. The
scanner box will be packed inside a large, stiff cardboard box with lots of
bubble wrap or foam peanuts to keep it safe.

   The cover glass on the scan lamp was cleaned a few months ago (preventive
maintenance) and scans are clear and sharp. It's about two and a half years
old, and has had no more than about 20 rolls of film run through it in that
time. It's been tested working, and the lamp is still nice and bright.

   Asking price is £250, but I'm open to sensible offers. The going rate on
eBay for scanners in this kind of condition seems to be around £250-£300.
Offers off-list please - best offer by 7AM BST on Monday the 14th secures.

Thanks,
--
Phil.                         |  (\_/)  This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny
oly@xxxxxxxxxxxxx             | (='.'=) into your signature to help him gain