[OM] Re: 7-14mm or 5D - sorry to raise it again

Subject: [OM] Re: 7-14mm or 5D - sorry to raise it again
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 9 May 2007 17:06:47 EDT

In a message dated 5/9/2007 11:47:05 AM Central Daylight Time,
swisspace@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

I  considered the 11-22 but dismissed it as I would always want that bit
wider than it gave and end up buying the 7-14mm  anyway.

I have both and rarely use the 7-14mm.  At about 3 to 4 times the cost  of
the 11-22mm it is, in my opinion, not an efficient use of ones money.   It is
huge and doesn't take filters (as you know.)  Do I want to sell mine?  No and
knowing what I know now, would probably not go in that direction if I had  it
do all over again. For the price of the 7-14mm, you could probably get a  P-1
or whatever it is going to be called or at least put a big dent in the price
of it.

If your pocketbook is bottomless, buy it.

If the P-1 turns out to be a total disappointment, you might get back to me
about buying a gently used 7-14mm and some other e-1 gear.

<{8^)  Bill Barber