[OM] Re: Tripod walking stick

Subject: [OM] Re: Tripod walking stick
From: Andrew Fildes <afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 4 May 2007 15:22:25 +1000
Yeah, but not that pricey! I've got a Jacko Royal which wasn't half
that price. Not really a walking stick - more a trekking pole (mine's
spring loaded. One advantage of a cheapy - I broke the bottom section
('cos I pulled it out too far) and was able to replace it in the
nearest camping store with the bottom section of a really cheap ($25)
trekking pole.
There's also the Leiki version which was rebranded by leica for a
while. There handy as a monopod if you're walking or going in places
that ban tripods - they don't usually stop a walking stick,
especially if you feign a limp.
Very useful for prodding obnoxious whippersnappers.
Andrew Fildes
afildes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx