[OM] Re: WTB : Metal hood for 85/2

Subject: [OM] Re: WTB : Metal hood for 85/2
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 03 May 2007 13:23:11 -0400
 Hi,
 The rubber hood also fits nicely in the Oly case for the 85/2. I like the
convenience. I have a nice rubber hood for the 50/1.4--- works like a charm and
is more durable than I anticipated---thanks Moose.
 However, the pristine metal hood on my mint 24/2.8 has a certain je ne sais
quoi.
 Mike
 Michael Wong wrote:

> I wish to get a metal hood for Zuiko 85mm F2. I'm not sure the metal hood is

> original made by Olympus but sure I do not call the original plastic one.

> Somebody who are willing to sell his/her metal hood to me, pls contact me

> off the list. Thanks.

There was never a plastic hood for the 85/2. In fact, I'm not aware of a

plastic hood made by Oly for any OM Zuiko lens.

Usually, where there were both metal and plastic hoods made for the same

lens(s), the older one was metal. The rubber ones are actually quite

well made, sturdy and good protection of the lens from bumps and bangs.

The base with the threads is metal, with the thick, high quality, rubber

part fitting onto front end of the metal part.

I have both kinds for different lenses and generally prefer the rubber

ones for actual use.

 Michael Wong wrote:

> I wish to get a metal hood for Zuiko 85mm F2. I'm not sure the metal hood is

> original made by Olympus but sure I do not call the original plastic one.

> Somebody who are willing to sell his/her metal hood to me, pls contact me

> off the list. Thanks.

There was never a plastic hood for the 85/2. In fact, I'm not aware of a

plastic hood made by Oly for any OM Zuiko lens.

Usually, where there were both metal and plastic hoods made for the same

lens(s), the older one was metal. The rubber ones are actually quite

well made, sturdy and good protection of the lens from bumps and bangs.

The base with the threads is metal, with the thick, high quality, rubber

part fitting onto front end of the metal part.

I have both kinds for different lenses and generally prefer the rubber

ones for actual use.

Moose

AOL at AOL.com.