[OM] OT website CMS advice? was Re: New Olympus Odyssey Pictures Posted

Subject: [OM] OT website CMS advice? was Re: New Olympus Odyssey Pictures Posted
From: "Jeff Keller" <jeffreyrkeller@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 11:10:13 -0700
Any advice for website frameworks/portal software?

One of the things I want to add to the olympus-photography.com website is
the ability for visitors to leave comments about pictures, notes about when
they've received the camera etc.

There are 3 fairly widespread "content management systems" available:
Joomla, Drupal, & Xoops. After spending about two weeks with Xoops, I'm
about ready to abandon it. The auto photo resizing of the modules often
makes the pictures downright ugly.
http://www.jkeller.com/modules/myalbum/
http://www.jkeller.com/modules/xcgal/displayimage.php?pid=1&album=1&pos=0

I like the ability given to users to change the theme of the website. It can
be very quick for the webmaster to add new functionality. However, not
handling photos very well, difficulties getting the photo index to look the
way I want, and concerns about exporting the work in the future make me
think it probably isn't worth the time to mold it to what I want.

Does anybody have some suggestions?

(Thank you Chris, It's good to hear from you again.)

-jeff