[OM] OM4 / OM4T Circuits

Subject: [OM] OM4 / OM4T Circuits
From: "Jay Drew" <dreaded@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 15:27:21 -0700
I have an OM4 and OM4T (well I have other bodies, but this discussion will be
limited to those two).  I assumed that the OM4 had the newer circuit by the self
test turning off after 30 seconds.  There is a slight difference in operation
between my two cameras and I am wondering if it is a function or malfunction.
When I use the self test, the 4T metering turns on.  On the OM4, the self test
does NOT turn on the meter, it always requires the push of the shutter release
button.  So just wondering, is my OM4 just slightly malfunctioning or is this a
function of an older circuit or is this camera living in its own twilight zone?

Sorry for the on topic stuff, I'll do better next time.

Jay

Hand me my costume
Please won't you pass me my mask
I have appointments I must keep with my past.

Bill Nelson - Beauty Secrets