[OM] Re: DOF question

Subject: [OM] Re: DOF question
From: "Joel Wilcox" <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 20:41:35 -0500
On 4/26/07, Ali Shah <alizookoman@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Thanks.
>
> Why is my DOF question being ignored? Is it an overly
> dumb question? Perhpas the simple answer is the
> smaller sensor which cant absorb as much?!?

To me the question is not answerable because it mixes different
categories of things:  1) sensor quality, which presumably has to do
with resolution or something of that nature in your question, and 2)
lens characteristics, which determine DOF via aperture setting.

It's a little bit like asking whether depth of field is "enhanced"
when using a Zuiko 18/3.5 on a Canaan FF body as compared to an
inferior Canaan 18mm lens.

I must be missing the point of your question?

Joel W.