[OM] [OT] Mamiya 500TL

Subject: [OM] [OT] Mamiya 500TL
From: Richard Lovison <rlovison@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 07:52:13 -0400
I woke up this morning to discover I won a Mamiya/Sekor 500TL for $10.45
  on the bay.  Why would I want such a beast you ask?  I received a
500TL as a high school graduation gift from my parents ( I always
thought I had a 500DTL, even to this day, until I discovered the DTL had
the meter switch on the side which wasn't on my camera).  It was my
first serious camera and I loved it though I didn't realize at the time
it was a big expense for them.

I damaged it later in life by leaving it on a beach blanket on the Lake
Michigan shoreline on a windy day.  The lens took the major hit as the
focusing mechanism took in a lot of sand.  I later sold the camera when
I married as my wife Bonita had a 1000TL and there was no need for two
camera bodies.  When my mother discovered I sold it she was quite hurt.

Hopefully the camera will be fully functional and I'll shoot a roll of
film dedicated to my Mom and Dad.  Wherever their souls may be, maybe my
efforts will produce a couple of smiles.

Richard
--
Nature's Luminance
http://bcn.net/~rlovison/index.html