[OM] [OT] Computer question: Windows app transfer to new computer

Subject: [OM] [OT] Computer question: Windows app transfer to new computer
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2007 09:31:06 -0400
Thanks to the advice I received here (especially Tom) I bought a new
fire breathing Win XP box at the Dell scratch and dent sale.  Win 2K
doesn't do CS3 nor did my old wheezy AMD Athlon processor.

The new box will be here sometime next week and I face the daunting task
of re-installing everything unless I can find an app that is capable of
moving apps from one machine to the other either through networking the
two machines or temporarily installing the old drive as a second drive
in the new machine.  Actually, maybe that isn't even possible.  The new
machine is SATA II and I don't know what support there is for EIDE.  I
guess there should be at least one port for the DVD.

Anyhow, I'd like some recommendations for apps that know how to move
apps from one machine to another without re-installation.  My case may
be more difficult than usual since (by historical accident) the old boot
drive is called "D:" and not "C:" and all references in the registry
will be to "D:" but moving to "C:" on the the new machine.

Suggestions?

Thanks much for any help
Chuck Norcutt