[OM] Re: Fwd: [epson2200] Re: Prints that look like darkroom made prints

Subject: [OM] Re: Fwd: [epson2200] Re: Prints that look like darkroom made prints from the 2200!
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2007 15:40:46 -0700
Winsor Crosby wrote:
> I forwarded this to the list because I thought some of you might find
> it of interest.

My personal opinion is that those who claim inkjet is poorer than wet in
appearance simply haven't been paying attention. Things have changed
quite rapidly.

Longevity looks like a toss-up now with the right inks and papers. Of
course, nobody will really know for another 100 years.

The longevity of those old prints we have now is not necessarily
indicative of that of more recent B&Ws. Papers, emulsions and processing
have changed for the vast majority of prints over years ago.
How will RC papers hold up over 100 years in various attics and
basements? I'm not claiming I know it will be better or worse, just that
we don't really know.

Moose