[OM] Re: Quantum T series flashes - anyone with experience?

Subject: [OM] Re: Quantum T series flashes - anyone with experience?
From: "Bill Pearce" <bs.pearce@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 21:00:16 -0500
 she went into the back room
> and came out with her rig -- an RB67 with a large bracket holding a
> Lumedyne head and a stout separate battery pack.  She handed it to me
> and barked, "If I can carry that around for a whole wedding, you can
> sure as heck carry that lil' Rollei of yours!"

That's funny. When I worked at the airplane factory, we used RB67's with
Metz strobes with the lead battery. They had the experimental shop fab up
brackets so we could hand hold them and attach the strobe, which I think
used the same bracket as the Honeywell. that was in the days when the RB
lenses could flare in a darkened room. It just wasn't worth it. I remember
walking in a fuselage section that had failed a static test.  The test
engineer was really impressed that when I slipped walking on the ribs, I
dropped the camera and caught myself in mid air. Oddly, the camera still
shot mediocre photos.

I'm glad for the rest of you that Mamiya discovered lens coatings.

Bill Pearce